What you will learn
- Day makeup, fashion makeup, runway makeup and accompanying hair-styling techniques
- Editorial/photographic makeup and styling
- Character/period makeup and styling
- Special effects makeup and body painting
- Character and aging makeup and hair applications
- Male makeup
- Wig and prosthetic application, facial hair trimming and application
- Portfolio development
- Business skills, practice professionalism and customer service
Check out the Te Auaha Makeup Instagram for examples of student work.
Work as a makeup artist or counter salesperson at cosmetic companies and department stores. Enter the creative industries and work in film and TV, stage production or on photo shoots.
- Makeup artist
- Makeup counter salesperson
- Fashion makeup artist
- Film makeup artist
- Stage makeup artist
NCEA level 2, or above
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the entry criteria as provided on the Under 20 information.
All students will be required to have a makeup kit and digital camera for photographic work.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.
Find your country's equivalent academic entry requirements here
*International fee displayed is for 1 year of study (equivalent to 120 credits) and does not include insurance and administration (approximately $924 per year of study).
Course related costs
- WelTec specialist makeup, hair kit (SFX and fashion products and tools) and study material/ textbook. Price approx $1000
- Digital camera
- Craft and stationary equipment
- Suitable clothing complying with programme dress code (full professional black clothing)
- Students will have to organise/provide suitable models, as instructed by tutor, for all practical work.
Apply for your course-related costs with Studylink.
This qualification is offered by WelTec
Have a question or feedback? We're here to help! For any enquiries call us on 0800 935 832 or send us a message at Information@weltec.ac.nz